Sunday, March 28, 2010

PoRRiDgE (soap)

Porridge is my very favorite exfoliator. I use it daily on my hands, and weekly in the shower. At first I thought this soap might be too rough, but now I think it's just perfect! To go easy on my skin, I first rub it gently in my palms to make it lather, and only then I use it on my body, when I can slide the soap gently. Lathering is an important part of the process to prevent the oats from being too abrasive. Porridge lathers fairly well, and its lather has the healthy oils that will moisturize our skin during the exfoliation. The more you use Porridge, the more the oats will show, and the more exfoliating it will become. I avoid using it directly under the shower, because the running water can make the soap melt quickly, and we don't want that, right? And the scent... oh, it makes me want to EAT it! It's made with oatmeal, fresh orange juice, coconut oil, and sunflower oil. Yum!!

No comments: