Sunday, March 28, 2010

FReSh FaRmAcy (cleanser)

Fresh Farmacy is a drying cleanser that needs to be used with care if your skin is not super oily. It is recommended for sensitive oily skin, to avoid breakouts. It works wonders for my oily T-zone combination skin ONLY because I learned to use it correctly -- I use it at the end of the day when my skin is oilier, dirtier, and in need of rest. I don't rub the cleanser directly on my face. I don't rub it all over my face either - I rub it in my palms, and apply it only on my T-zone, using the precision of my fingertips - I DON'T want this cleanser to touch delicate or dry areas of my face; I made this mistake before, and my skin turned out to be a lifeless reflective squeaky surface - similar to a shiny bald head (sorry, bald pals!); not very pretty or healthy... but the pros are many when you use it correctly: It controls excessive oil; it soothes your pours (with calamine); it makes you feel soooo clean... and it lasts long if used the way I do. A salesperson at Lush also said that a small piece of FF can be applied directly on pimples (like a pen), because it can help them dry out fast. The recommendation was for a friend of mine, and I don't know if it has worked for her, but I think it makes sense. Fresh Farmacy is made with calamine, chamomile, rose absolute, and lavender oil.

2 comments:

Satinka said...

I tried it once and didn't like it so much, because it made my skin REALLY dry afterwards. But you know, my skin gets oily so often that I get annoyed, so I shall give this a try again and make sure to use it properly so I achieve the best result. Thanks!:)

Luciana said...

I didn't use Fresh Farmacy yesterday, and my skin was much oilier than the usual during the day. I use it with care, though. It can be very drying, that's true. What works best for me is to use FF in my night routine (followed my Breath of Fresh Air for balance), and Angels on Bare Skin in the morning :)