Tuesday, March 30, 2010

FiGs aNd LeAVeS (soap)

I am a fan of creamy, moisturizing soaps. It's no surprise I fell in love with a soap that's so underrated: Figs and Leaves. This may not be the most attractive soap from Lush (it's not pink, glittery, or wiggly), but it is the most moisturizing I've ever found - I don't even need body lotion after using it! I like to use this soap in the shower, but not directly under the water (otherwise the soap will melt away). Figs and Leaves comes with fig seeds and pieces of leaves that will not exfoliate the skin like porridge would, but they will give you a mild "massage," and a certain glow that will bring a smile to your lips :) Its scent is somewhat sweet, but mature... mmmmm... difficult to explain, but it's worth the try. Remember that Lush is usually very generous when it comes to free samples. They will also let you try their soaps in the shop (hands only, of course!) before you decide whether you want them, so you can't go wrong with it! Figs and Leaves is made with figs, aloe vera, coconut oil, sunflower oil, ylang ylang, and orange blossom. Ylang Ylang is known for its sensuous and stimulating properties; it's a warm, uplifting, and meditative scent. Ylang Ylang also balances the oil produced by skin and scalp, treating overly dry and overly oily spots.

3 comments:

Satinka said...

Now I feel like getting it too. You should takes Elaine's job at J.Petterman's. LOL

Satinka said...

U should TAKES. haha

Luciana said...

This is not the sexiest of the scents, but I really like this soap. I like its texture and the way my skin feels. The scent grows on you.