Monday, April 5, 2010

ThE OLivE BrAnCH (shower gel)

When I say that some scents grow on you, I mean it! The Olive Branch is the most perfect example I can think of: I *disliked* this shower gel at first. I tried it, didn't like it, gave it two stars, and assumed that I would not buy it again. Maybe the problem was that I expected to smell olives in it, but the olives were not there. Luckily I didn't stop using it, and I started to like it gradually, after each shower. Call it irony, but now I think The Olive Branch smells like a Branch of Heaven, and it is possibly my favorite shower gel from Lush... depending on the mood in which I am :) The "gel" is actually very watery, so using a loofah will only waste it. Instead, I prefer to rub a little of it in my bare palms, as it lathers a lot, and it goes a long way too. The Olive Branch is quite moisturizing, and it has a wonderful scent that does linger way after you leave the shower - just LOVELY! It's made with vine leaf infusion, fresh mandarin juice, olive oil, bergamot oil, orange absolute, sea salt, and gardenia. We have to shake the bottle before using it, because the olive oil separates from the rest of the gel (as you can see in the picture above). Despite liking it so much, I don't use this shower gel daily. I need to be in a special mood to use this one, as this is a very lively, energizing scent - special for those days when you feel like singing in the shower! ;)

No comments: